The Indian ceramic tiles market size is estimated to have been 172 billion INR in 2012 and is expected to reach 301 billion INR by 2016 growing at a CAGR of 15%.
A large number of small or medium-scale manufacturers operate in the unorganized segment, mainly through plants in Gujarat.
Please check what industry leaders opinion about the sector;
- See 10-12% vol growth; 100 bps margin expansion by FY17: Kajaria
- CMD of the company said that margin growth was aided by lower fuel cost. However, the volume growth was restricted due to the Chennai floods last, he added.
- Tiles industry needs atleast 50% duty protection: Nitco
- With recession in China, and manufacturers there not having local outlet, has resulted in them dumping tiles into India, says Vivek Talwar, CMD, Nitco.
- See better growth next year on Anjali Tiles JV: Cera Sanitary
Cera Sanitaryware released its third quarter results on Tuesday where the company reported a revenue gain of 11.6 percent to Rs 233.5 crore and a margins improvement of 110 basis points (bps) to 15.3 percent on a year-on-year basis.